Continuously recognized as one of South Carolina’s Best Places to Work and ranked the #1 Company to Sell for by Selling Power Magazine two years running, AMAROK is the Nation’s leader in the industry and the Ultimate Perimeter Security. Our unique and technically advanced electric fence reliably stops theft and other criminal activity by guarding our customers’ property and assets 24/7/365.
As the Staff Accountant, you will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. To be successful in this role you will need to have outstanding decision-making abilities, highly organized, and proficient with Excel.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages bookkeeping of assets, liabilities, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Ensures business transactions are reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Codes invoices, reconciles accounts, and create new customer accounts/update current customer accounts
- Assists with month-end closing procedures, including journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Assists Director and VP of Accounting with financial analyses and presentations as needed
- Great work ethic and “team” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field
- At least 6 months relevant experience in a professional setting (will consider internships)
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficient with Excel
Why AMAROK? AMAROK is driven by our companies’ core values and we strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our career opportunities. We value the culture our company has created and take pride in the career advancement opportunities offered to our employees.
What we offer:
- Highly competitive pay
- Fun and laid-back culture
- Endless career advancement opportunities
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision) with Gap Assist
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Short & Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Section 125)
- Healthcare Savings Account
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Excellent annual bonus opportunities
- Generous PTO
Our recruiting experience is digital! AMAROK is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.