As the global impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread, AMAROK is committed to maintaining business continuity. We have increased measures to ensure our customers do not experience a disruption with their perimeter security systems. We know that our customers rely on our service as a critical piece of their security protocols and we will maintain our commitment to that responsibility.
The safety and well-being of the employees at AMAROK is paramount, so we have put several health and safety best practices in place to limit exposure to our workforce and local communities. We are aware that ‘shelter in place’ orders have and will continue to go into effect across various states. AMAROK and the service we perform is considered a part of the critical infrastructure for our communities and economy according to the guidelines released by The Department of Homeland Security.
This means the staff at AMAROK will continue to service each of our customers and continue to install perimeter security systems on new properties as planned. We have modified our processes to allow our field team to work while following all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and precautions. Much of our staff is geographically dispersed and capable of working remotely. Our team utilizes a cloud-based architecture model and distributed data center approach, which means we can operate without any service disruptions.
We want to reassure customers that we have taken the following increased precautions:
- Restricting all non-essential domestic and international air travel for AMAROK.
- Restricting in-person large events such as perimeter security conferences and trade shows.
- Continuing travel for ‘Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers’, such as delivering services to clients where onsite visits are required. We will also continue to install new customer sites as planned.
- We have the majority of our office staff in Columbia, SC working remotely with only essential personnel working in the office.
- Our service team is prepared to respond to issues with perimeter security systems and commercial burglaries in the field. We have added precautions for our team members in the field to ensure they follow the social distancing guidelines.
- We have shared best practice health tips with the AMAROK team and continue to keep them updated regularly.
- We will continue to follow the guidelines released by the CDC and as circumstances unfold, we will reassess and adjust these precautions.
Our thoughts are with the families and communities impacted. Please do not hesitate to reach out to a representative at AMAROK if you are having issues with your electric security fences or perimeter security system during the COVID-19 health crisis. To receive help, give our team a call by phone at (800) 432-6391 with questions or concerns.
Last Updated: March 20, 2020