Due to the economic slowdown from the COVID-19 pandemic, business are keeping more products and assets on their property. To prevent cargo theft during the COVID-19 health crisis, we recommend implementing a few basic security measures at your commercial property or facility. View our security tips to protect your facility or yard.
Just remember CPR – Check, Prepare, Report
- Check that alarms and perimeter security systems are working.
- Walk the perimeter to make sure it’s properly secured.
- Check on lighting. Replace non-working fixtures.
- Review timer so lights come on while facility is closed.
- Perform a perimeter security system test. Is your monitoring service receiving signals?
- Use an alarm backup system with verified response capabilities.
- Remove keys from all equipment (like forklifts) and secure them.
- Ensure that the company alarm call list is current with valid phone numbers.
- Contact law enforcement and request additional patrols in the area.
For Freight In-Transit
- Perform an initial overall check of the vehicle before leaving it unattended for any length of time.
- Check on unattended vehicles as frequently as possible.
- Check the solar electric fencing and perimeter security system to ensure it is working properly. Submit a ticket to have your security system serviced.
- Secure tractors and trailers with a steering wheel locking device, kingpin locks, and glad-hand locks to stop commercial burglaries from occurring on your property.
- Lock all trailer doors. NEVER leave keys inside the tractor.
- Leave vehicles in secured lots that include ample lighting, live surveillance, and a perimeter security system.
- Park vehicles within view of security cameras.
- Frequently notify dispatch of your whereabouts.
- Use tracking in the freight with geo-fencing and alert notification.
- Gather with your team to discuss perimeter security today.
You don’t have to wait to protect your property from cargo theft. Apply these suggestions to help maintain the integrity of your perimeter security system and to stop commercial burglars from trespassing. AMAROK offers full-perimeter security solutions for small to large organizations in the United States and Canada.
Our security solutions include equipment such as solar electric fencing, video surveillance, and outdoor alarms. If you want to stop theft on your property, give our team a call by phone at (800) 432-6391. The field technician team at AMAROK will collaborate with you to build a custom security solution to protect your property and assets from theft. If you have any questions or concerns about commercial theft, view our list of Frequently Asked Questions to learn about ways to defend your business and investments.
Click here to get a quote from our team of experts.